Ortofon 2M Mono SE cartridge is explicitly created as a tribute to the Mono Beatles albums Set.
The Ortofon 2M Mono SE provides a greatly improved listening experience when using a premium mono cartridge for the replay of your mono records. The Beatles have an important place in many music enthusiast’s hearts. Ortofon is honored to ensure superior quality, modern replay from the new Mono Box Set.
Features of the Ortofon 2m Mono SE
- The mono cartridge body manufactured from Lexan DMX Piano White, a revolutionary material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
- A special upgraded engine provides a high level of sonic accuracy.
- Split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire that enhances details in the reproduction of the sound. The split pole pins enable moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response as with a moving coil cartridge.
- Contains a r/R 6/50µm Nude Shibata stylus. The same diamond as on the acclaimed MC Jubilee, 2M Black and Cadenza Black cartridges. Nude Shibata’s slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information.
- Strapped output delivers the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system.
- The cartridge body has been streamlined to provide easy mounting and alignment. 2M Mono SE provides excellent compatibility in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 3.5 mV
Frequency range – 20-25.000 Hz
Frequency response – 20-20.000 Hz + 2 /- 1 dB
Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force – 70 µm
Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 22 µm/mN
Stylus type – Nude Shibata
Stylus tip radius – r/ R 6/50 µm
Tracking force range – 1.4-1.7g (14-17 mN)
Tracking force, recommended – 1.5g (15 mN)
Internal impedance, DC resistance – 600 Ohm
Internal inductance – 300 mH
Recommended load resistance for stereo/mono connection – 47 kOhm/23.5 kOhm
Recommended load capacitance for stereo/mono connection – 150-300 pF/300-600 pF
Tracking angle – 20°
Cartridge body material – Lexan DMX Piano White
Coil wire material – Silver plated copper wire
Cartridge colour, body/stylus – White/White
Cartridge weight – 7.2g
Replacement stylus unit – 2M Mono SE