Named after the Sanskrit word that literally means “beautiful,” the HIFIMAN Sundara Open-Back Planar Magnetic Headphones are designed to deliver a detailed and natural sound. They are easily powered from a wide variety of audio sources including smartphones, moderate-power desktop amplifiers, portable digital audio players, and more, in the comfort of your home or on the go.
Made of proprietary, light and high-tensile material, the Sundara’s ultra-fine diaphragms produce a wide frequency response of 6 Hz to 75 kHz with fast transient response, low distortion levels, and high dynamic range. The hybrid headband design and gently beveled earpads evenly distribute the headphones’ weight around your head to provide a secure grip and a comfortable fit for long listening sessions.
The Sundara headphones ship with a detachable 4.9′ cable terminated with a 3.5mm plug.
Planar Magnetic Drivers
- Open-back, circumaural headphones with large planar magnetic drivers, can be powered from a wide range of audio sources
- Wide frequency response: 6 Hz to 75 kHz
- Fast transient response
- Detailed and natural sonic signature
- Made of proprietary, light and high-tensile material
- Low-mass and ultra-fine diaphragm delivers low distortion levels and high dynamic response
Hybrid Headband Design
- Ergonomic and comfortable headband is contoured to fit a broad variety of head shapes
- Headband evenly spreads headphones weight over your head
- Unibody yoke attaches the frame to the earcups making a seamless sweeping curve that is both elegant and functional
- Single-piece, metal construction is durable enough to withstand the rigors of modern urban life
Symmetric Earcup Design
- Earcups and gently beveled earpads conform around your ear, distributing the weight evenly to offer a secure grip and a comfortable fit for long listening sessions
- Outer grilles provide the diaphragms with a sturdy, protective barrier without coloring the sound
- Glossy, jet-black finish contrasts against the matte black earcups
- Includes a detachable 4.9′ cable with 3.5mm plug
- Crystalline copper wire provides low-resistance signal transmission and high mechanical strength for daily use
Earcup Connection Sockets
- Sturdy physical cable connection via 3.5mm sockets on the left and right earcups
- Large contact surface for enhanced signal transmission