The Gryphon Diablo 300 DAC module draws heavily on the innovative engineering that inspired Gryphon’s digital-to-analogue converter.
Ready for current and future digital audio formats, the cutting edge ESS Sabre ES9018 DAC chip stands at the heart of the Diablo 300 DAC module, partnered with heavily regulated, fully discrete, ultra-low noise +/- 22VDC voltage supplies to ensure optimal noise suppression and minimal analogue THD.
The Diablo 300 DAC module draws no power from any USB source component, generating instead its own pure power for maximum isolation from the PC. This effectively removes one of the weak points in conventional DAC designs: dependence on USB bus power, i.e., 5V fed to the USB receiver from the source computer via the USB cable’s power line which “bleeds” noise and interference into the two data lines with significant audible impact.
The Gryphon Diablo 300 DAC module adds five high quality digital inputs to the amplifier’s standard complement of five analogue inputs: one gold-plated Swiss Neutric XLR socket for a balanced 110Ω AES source, a single TOSLink optical input, dual gold-plated 75Ω BNC sockets with Teflon insulation for two S/PDIF components and a single USB input.
- True Dual Mono Class A Analogue configuration
- Zero negative feedback
- Sabre ES9018 High-End D/A converter
- User-selectable PCM and DSD digital roll-off filters
- USB input compatible with following audio formats via PC/MAC/Linux: PCM: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8 and 384 kHz, up to 32 bits, DSD via USB: DSD64 (2.822MHz), DSD128 (3.072MHz), DSD256* (5.644MHz) and DSD512* (6.144MHz) 256/512 Windows
- XLR and BNC inputs compatible with PCM: 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, up to 32 bits
- TOSLINK input compatible with PCM: 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz, up to 32 bits
- Temperature-compensated, ultra-low jitter crystal oscillator with better than 5 parts per million accuracy
- Super-Capacitor (12.5 Farad!) power supply for USB module – acts like a true battery supply
- First-order PCM analogue filters and second-order DSD analogue filters with silvered Mica and Polypropylene capacitors