Diablo 300 the most popular integrated amplifier in its class.
Gryphon’s Diablo 300 is equipped with advanced components and technology making it the most awarded high end integrated amplifier. For nearly ten years, the Diablo has set the bar for integrated amps.
In attempting a significant update to the Diablo, Gryphon’s engineering team faced the monumental challenge of making an amazing product even better. To create the Diablo 300, the team garnered inspiration from technology and components during the creation of the Pandora preamp and Mephisto power amp.
It’s nearly transparent and balanced volume attenuator topology utilizes two inputs. Unlike many solid-state volume controls, the Diablo 300 engages no more than two resistors at once making it difficult for the competition to keep up. Massive wide-band frequency response maintains a healthy range of 0.5Hz to 350 kHZ and harbors a remarkable 300 Watt power output representing a sizable increase in the original. It can effortlessly deliver 950 Watts in 2 Ohms without strain. Even the most enthusiastic loudspeakers are not too much for the Gryphon Diablo 300.
For superior performance, it uses local active shunt regulators for exceptional noise suppression and a power reservoir capacity of 68,000 microFarad. The Diablo 300 is able to bypass both intrinsic time delay and inter-modulation distortion between time-offset signals. Additional features include colossal power supplies and cutting-edge components all mounted on dual and four layer circuit boards that contain almost zero point-to-point wiring.
For extended bandwidth and improved slew rate, the Diablo 300 uses low-capacitance pre-driver transistors and greater current in the voltage amplification stage. mitter diodes from the first Diablo’s output stage has been upgraded to non-inductive diodes.
With great power comes immense heat. It comes equipped with twice as much heatsink as the former Diablo that is integrated into it’s sleek housing.
Like it’s predecesor, the Gryphon Diablo 300 can be fitted with (at purchase or a later date) with the Gryphon DAC PCM/DSD module. The module gives the owner five additional digital inputs (USB, balanced AES 115 Ω, optical and dual S/PDIF 75 Ω). USB can process PCM up to 32-bit/384 kHz as well as DSD (Windows OS up to DSD512, Mac OS up to DSD128, Linux OS up to DSD128 DoP). The remaining digital connections can handle PCM up to 24-bit/192 kHz. Vinyl enthusiasts may also add the MM/MC phonostage.
The Diablo 300 is as luxurious as it is powerful. It’s brushed aluminium frame and lustrous black face-plate will compliment any interior. It is controlled via touch front panel or remote wand.
- 2 x 300W (8 Ohm), 2 x 600W (4 Ohm), 2 x 950W (2 Ohm)
- True Dual Mono configuration
- Zero negative feedback
- Microprocessor-controlled 43-step fully balanced relay volume attenuator for best sonic performance based on a minimalist contingent of ultra-precision resistors
- Ultra-short signal path
- Minimal internal wiring
- Military spec. dual-layer and four-layer printed circuit boards with up to 105 micron copper traces
- Dual Mono Holmgren toroidal transformer with vacuum treated core and windings to virtually eliminate mechanical noise
- PCB-mounted sockets eliminate wiring and shorten signal path
- New, high-speed, discrete single-ended Class A input buffer for best possible sonic performance
- Gold-plated Swiss Neutrik XLR sockets for two balanced sources
- Gold-plated phono sockets with Teflon insulation for 3 inputs and 2 outputs
- Fixed-level AV throughput for uncompromising integration with surround preamplifier
- Input level matching to prevent abrupt level changes
- Large Vacuum Fluorescent Display for easy legibility
- Adjustable display lighting (100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, Off)
- Backlit touch-sensitive front panel controls
- Optional MM/MC phonostage module
- Optional PCM/DSD DAC module with one USB, 2 x SPDIF, 1 AES and 1 optical input
- 12V DC link input and output
- Flash memory upgrades via key fob
- Local shunt regulators for optimal noise suppression
- Non-invasive protection system
- Infrared remote control
- Input for external iInfrared receiver
- Standard power consumption: less than 0.5 W, conforming to latest EU standards
- EU CE approval
- Designed and built in Denmark
Power Output: 2 x 300W (8 Ohm), 2 x 600W (4 Ohm), 2 x 950W (2 Ohm)
Output Impedance: 0.019 Ohm
Frequency Bandwidth (-3 dB): 0.1 Hz – 350 kHz
Power Supply Capacity: 2 x 68.000 microFarad
Gain: +38 dB
SUB output gain: +12 dB
Input Impedance, balanced (20 Hz – 20 kHz): 40 kOhm
Input Impedance, single-ended (20 Hz – 20 kHz): 20 kOhm