We’ve added the latest (and much faster) processor to allow playback of DSD128 5.6MHz and made a few other tweaks.
The power supply is now internal. Along with a reworking of the board layout, this delivers improved audio quality over the original.
To house all this, we’ve enlarged the case and made some production refinements. As a bonus, LUMIN D2 is also now available in a black anodized finish as well as the usual LUMIN raw silver.
Of course, it includes all the usual LUMIN features: Fully balanced design including XLR outputs, DSD upsampling, DoP (DSD over PCM) support, Wolfson WM8741 DAC chips, and our continuous software development programme that has seen MQA and Roon support added in the last year alone.
- UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension
- Gapless Playback
- On-Device Playlist
SUPPORTED AUDIO FILE FORMATS:
- DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
- FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF
COMPRESSED (LOSSY) AUDIO:
- MP3, AAC (in M4A container)
SUPPORTED AUDIO SAMPLE RATES, BIT DEPTHS, NUMBER OF CHANNELS:
- PCM, 44.1kHz – 384kHz, 16 – 32bit, Stereo
- DSD, 2.8MHz, 5.6MHz, 1bit, Stereo
UPSAMPLING RATES & BIT DEPTHS:
- DSD upsampling option for all files up to 96kHz
SUPPORTED CONTROL DEVICES:
- Apple iPad (year 2014 or later). iOS 8.0 or later required. Full Retina Display support.
- High-resolution artwork. Artwork caching. AirPlay compatibility. Multiple-tag handling. ‘Composer’ tag support. Find & Filter. Tag browsing.
- Ethernet Network 1000Base-T
- USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, NTFS and EXT2/3 only)
- XLR balanced, 4Vrms, pin 2 Hot
- RCA unbalanced, 2Vrms
- PCM 44.1kHz-192kHz, 16-24bit
- DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1bit
- Raw brushed aluminum
- Black anodized aluminum