The D – 501 SILVER HYBRID is a special version of our D – 501 HYBRID. The main difference compared to the D – 501 HYBRID is that its both stranded signal lines are made of highest grade Matched Crystal Silver.
This mat black HULLIFLEX ® jacketed balanced cable was designed to support the tone-arm and mixing console industry: very flexible and with extremely good electrical qualities. The D – 501 SILVER HYBRID is a cable with a very high shielding factor.
Sonically this is one of the best cables in our program.
The D – 501 SILVER HYBRID is regularly used as a microphone cable in critical professional recordings and as a special product for SME in England together with their prestigious tonearms which on customer request can be fit with this silver version of the D – 501 HYBRID.
- The 2 signal lines are made each of 19 x 0.1 mm. highest grade Matched Crystal Silver strands.
- The signal line insulation with the colours white and red is made of cell-PE, so the stripping can even be done with your fingernails to prevent damage of the silver strands commonly caused by mechanical stripping.
- The resistance per signal lead is: 11.9 Ohm/100 meter.
- The capacitance between the 2 signal leads is a very low 58 pF/meter.
- The hybrid shielding consists of a dense and very pure silver coated high grade Matched Crystal (MC) OFC 72 x 0.1 mm. wire helix with underneath a Linear Structured Carbon ® (LSC) saturated conductive sub-jacket.
- The resistance of the shielding is: 3.2 Ohm/100 meter.
- The very flexible black outer jacket is made of migration-free HULLIFLEX ® to prevent any chemical deterioration over a long period.
- The type printing repeats every 25 cm. (10″) to make cutting of specified lengths easy.
- The external cable diameter is: 4.0 mm
- Price is for single cable
- Connector options TAC-RCA or RCA-RCA