The HIFIMAN Shangri-La Jr System includes the Shangri-La Jr electrostatic headphones and a Shangri-La Jr electrostatic headphone amplifier. Featuring four vacuum tubes and durable aluminum alloy construction, the amplifier drives the headphones to produce a wide frequency response with low distortion. Designed for audiophiles, the Shangri-La Jr System offers balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA inputs for connection to a variety of signal sources such as media players, DACs, or phono preamps.
HIFIMAN Shangri-La Jr Electrostatic Over-Ear Headphones
The HIFIMAN Shangri-La Jr Electrostatic Over-Ear Headphones are open-back headphones designed to deliver detailed reproduction of dynamics and frequencies. When driven by the Shangri-La Jr headphone amplifier (available separately), the headphones yield a 7 Hz to 120 kHz frequency response via low-distortion Nanotech drivers. Acoustically transparent mesh grating and nanometer-thick dust covers protect the diaphragms without compromising sonic integrity.
The combination of lightweight aluminum alloy construction, padded earcups, and a hybrid headband design ensures comfortable wearing even for extended periods of time. The 6.6′ attached cable is terminated with a 5-pin headphone connector, which allows direct hookup to a compatible electrostatic headphone amplifier. A stand is included for convenient desktop placement of the headphones when not in use.
- Nanotech drivers are less than 0.001mm thick and couple fast transient response with near-zero distortion
- Nano-particle coated diaphragms provide extended high-frequency response
- Metal mesh stators work close to the diaphragms for enhanced openness and minimized distortion
- Stator frames incorporate special alloys to ensure sonic stability and reduce distortion
- At only 50µm thick, the mesh grating allows sound waves below 1 MHz to pass though
- 550 to 650V bias voltage
- Ergonomic and lightweight construction
HIFIMAN Shangri-La Jr Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier
The HIFIMAN Shangri-La Jr Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier is designed to drive and complement Shangri-La Jr electrostatic headphones. Its enclosure—constructed of an aviation-grade aluminum alloy and topped with a tempered glass panel—is adorned with four hand-matched 6SN7 vacuum tubes, which deliver warm tone and consistent output power for the Shangri-La Jr headphones (available separately). The volume level is controlled via a 24-step attenuator and indicated by horizontal array of 12 LEDs on the front panel.
A rear-panel switch allows easy selection of either stereo input—balanced XLR 3-pin or unbalanced RCA coaxial. The selected input is fed through the internal circuitry and externally mounted tubes to the two 5-pin female headphone outputs, allowing simultaneous connection of two pairs of Shangri-La Jr headphones.
- Four hand-matched 6SN7 vacuum tubes sit atop the amplifier
- Discrete 24-step attenuator controls volume with no added distortion
- Volume indicator with 12 LEDs ensures clear display of current level
- Durable aviation-grade aluminum alloy with contrasting tempered glass top panel