You know how it is. Digital audio data isn’t the sole domain of digital transports any longer. Today it streams from sources as diverse as your PC, music server, satellite receiver, mixing board and portable player. Which is why EMM Labs has created one very simple, very convenient way to get state-of-the-art sound from all of them.
Re-introducing the multi-award winning DAC2X V2 – updated using the technology in our reference DA2. The DAC2X V2 features the latest generation MDAT2™ up-converting DSP, MFAST™ jitter removal system, MCLK™ master clock and Ed Meitner’s revised hand built DSD512/8xDSD proprietary discrete dual differential D-to-A converters.
The DAC2X V2 also features a multitude of inputs allowing a host of connectivity options and support for up to 24bit,192kHz and DSD (via DoP) on all PCM inputs including USB.
The DAC2X V2 also supports up to DSD128/2xDSD and DXD (352 and 384kHz) streaming over USB Audio.
Proprietary hardware galvanic isolation for the USB Audio interface.
MFAST™ vs. conventional PLLs
Most converters utilize PLL (Phase Lock Loop) circuits. MFAST™ has two distinct advantages. It’s a high-speed asynchronous system that acquires any data stream almost instantaneously. Moreover, unlike PLLs which merely attenuate jitter, MFAST™ strips jitter out of the audio stream completely. Enabling you to enjoy pristine sonic clarity whether the incoming data stream is pure or anything but.
New Updated MDAT2™: DSD512/8xDSD Upsampling
The Updated Meitner Digital Audio Translator (MDAT2™) upsamples digital audio to DSD512/8xDSD. Eight times that of standard SACD sampling rate.
Proprietary DSD512/8xDSD Discrete Dual Differential D-to-A Converters
We were not willing to accept the inherent non-linearities of every mass-market chip created to date. Neither should you.
- Latest generation MFAST™ technology for instant signal acquisition, jitter-free performance
- Latest generation DSD512/8xDSD Meitner Digital Audio Translator (MDAT2™) signal processing technology
- Latest generation DSD512/8xDSD proprietary discrete dual differential D-to-A converters
- Exclusive aerospace-grade composite laminate circuit boards
- EMM Optilink proprietary interface for connection to matching TSDX CD/SACD Transport
- Precision-machined aluminum chassis
- Precision-machined aluminum infrared remote control
- Polarity inversion performed in the digital domain
- 24bit,192kHz and DSD support on all PCM inputs including USB
- DSD, DSD128/2xDSD and DXD (352 and 384kHz) streaming over USB (DoP specification)
- Galvanically isolated USB audio interface
- USB port for future software upgrades
- Serial port for wired remote control
- New optimized reference power system
– Power factor corrected
– Factory set to 100V or 115V or 230V, 50/60Hz
– Power consumption: max. 25 W
- CE compliant
EMM Optilink (CD/SACD)
Supports up to 24bit, 192kHz and DSD (via DoP) on all PCM inputs: AES/EBU, USB Audio, 2x SPDIF Coax, 2x S/PDIF Toslink
USB Audio also supports streaming DSD, 2xDSD, DXD (352 and 384kHz)
Stereo Analog Outputs:
XLR and RCA
300 ohms balanced (XLR)
150 ohms unbalanced (RCA)
XLR outputs: 4.6V (+15.45dBu)
RCA outputs: 2.3V (+9.45dBu)
W x D x H: 435 x 400 x 92mm
Support and Downloads
Click on the links below to download documents and software: